Favorite Place: Home

Despite the fact that I've lived in four countries, to me, home will always be Chennai, India. I was born in Chennai and lived there on and off throughout my childhood. It's a bustling metropolis defined by its loud traffic, humid ocean breeze, and rich history. Every time I visit the city, I make new memories in the familiar locales of my early years. This place holds a certain charm hidden beneath its rough exterior and I always miss it the second I leave. Here are a few snapshots of places in Chennai that bring forth many warm memories:




(Chennai Central Railway Station: Image by Vellupura from Pixabay)



(Image by Veera Baltu on Pxhere)



(Personal photo of Chennai from an aerial view; photo from August, 2018)

Comments

  1. Oh wow, Akansha, how nice to meet someone from Chennai! Fabulous! And what lovely pictures!
    Maybe you will want to do an India project for this class... there are so many beautiful folktales and fairy tales and myths and legends from India; there are all kinds of books in the Freebookapalooza -- India books at the Freebookapalooza -- and maybe you will want to use the ACK comic books that we have in Bizzell; they are on Reserve for the Indian Epics class but of course available to anyone (so many great stories in there!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts