Week 8 Progress

So far this semester, I've enjoyed the opportunity to learn more about myths and folktales that I was already familiar with and be exposed to new ones around the world. As such, the assignments that I enjoy the most are reading assignments and in terms of extra credit, I usually lean towards the extra credit reading assignments. Developing my blog and designing my storybook website has been a fun foray into an old passion of mine. The biggest issue I've had this semester is sticking to my original schedule. I sadly find myself chasing deadlines often, but I hope to change that in these coming weeks. I've found that the best way to keep myself ahead of the coursework is to dedicate one whole day to this class and get as far ahead as possible. Employing this strategy will help me ensure that I'm not missing any assignments and that I don't have to stress about daily deadlines.

(Procrastination decoded; source: Flickr)

Comments

  1. Hi Akansha,

    As a computer science major I like your image. If only it were that simple! I would have to agree with you on usually doing reading assignments for the extra credit, although this week I did reading and blog comments, including this one! I think most of us can relate with chasing deadlines. School schedules are just too dynamic to schedule specific times for this class. However, I do think it's good to scrutinize your daily routine and cut out the unnecessary stuff and just focus on getting priorities done until you get ahead in classes. Anyway good luck this semester and I hope you can figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I like your strategy for getting ahead and meeting deadlines, but I wonder if that exhausts you too much to even work on other assignments later in the week? I have found that a good strategy to use is to try and do 1-3 extra credit assignments each week so that if you do forget about one assignment or can't meet a due date, then you have leeway to still make the deadlines for grades

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts