Tech Tip: Embedding YouTube

Embedding a video in a blog post makes it far more likely that a person will actually click on the thumbnail to visit the video. Furthermore, it creates visual interest within the blog post and keeps it from looking like a big chunk of text. For this reason, I chose to learn about Blogger's built-in feature for embedding YouTube videos. In Week 10, I chose to do a Story Lab over two TED Talks discussing the power of storytelling. I had previously linked the playlist to the videos through some text but with this Tech Tip I was able to embed the videos themselves into my post and make it more engaging for the reader. Here is one of my favorite YouTube videos:

Comments

  1. Hey Akansha! I came across your tech tip before any other story so I thought I might stop in and see what it was about. I personally have enjoyed all the tech tips I have done this semester. I have learned so much more about technology than I have before. I really liked the embedding YouTube one that you posted about. I agree that an embedded video is more visually intriguing to a reader than clicking on a link! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts